Here are some lessons in life I have learned from mistakes I’ve made, I hope these lessons will help you. If you want a happy, less stressful life, learn from these mistakes. “If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.” ( John13:17). A wise man learns from his own mistakes, but a wiser man learns from the mistakes of others. “A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:” (Proverbs.1:5). Experience is often a better teacher ,but it can also be a bitter teacher.
1) Never get in debt: if you can’t pay cash for it you don’t need it! “Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.” (Romans 13:8 )There are some exceptions to this rule like transportation and housing which should be undertaken with prayer and Godly counsel. Make sure you can easily afford the payments. You need to get in agreement with your spouse on every major purchase anything over $50.00 and not more than $100.00 should be agreed upon by both parties. It is better to have one purse, not separate accounts.
2) Build your house upon the rock Jesus Christ ” Therefore whosoever hearth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house: and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended,and the floods came, and the winds blew,and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.” (Matthew 7:24-27). Fulfill these verses by praying together and reading the Bible together with your family on a daily basis.
3) Always give of what God blesses you with to help his work. The Old Testament says to give 10%. In the New Testament Jesus said to give 100% “So likewise. whosoever he be of you the forsaketh not all that he hath,he cannot be my disciple.” (Luke 14:33). The way you give all to the Lord is by first taking care of your family, which should all be Missionaries anyway, and therefore your’e main mission, and you can help the other Missionaries as the Lord provides and leads you too. You are either a Missionary or a Mission field. Your whole life should be a life of service to the Lord and your family. If you can’t be a missionary help support them.
4) Don’t get a bunch of credit cards, they are to much of a temptation and a trap. Cut them up. If you just have to have one pay off the balances monthly or the interest will eat you up. It’s better to have no credit cards, because most of you will keep them maxed out.
5) Unless your really rich don’t get a swimming pool. It’s just a whole in the ground to throw money into. You can always go to a lake, beach, or swimming park. Also pools are very dangerous for kids and a constant worry and up keep.
6) Unless your really rich don’t buy a boat it’s just a hole in the water to throw money into.You can always save your money and go on a cruse or rent a boat. DON’T DO IT !!!!!
7) Try to set some money aside on a weekly basis for a rainy day. Even a small amount will add up. Emergency’s, breakdowns, and repairs will always come. Pray over your vehicles, and house. Have “Communion” often.
8) Have a flee bag, like a suitcase that you can quickly grab with your important papers in it like passports, birth certificates, social security cards, Wills, insurance policy’s, title to your car, home owner documents, checks and funds, in case of fire, hurricane, or storms, or some emergency or a major event so you will be able to grab your flee bag, and move quickly, have meeting places and who will pick up kids from school etc,
9) Have a fire drill, make sure you have smoke alarms with fresh batteries. Replace them every time they change the day light savings time.
10) Prior maintenance on your vehicles is very important, always check your fluids every time you get gas or at least every other time you get gas.
11) Don’t smoke at ALL or drink too much, you will be sorry if you don’t keep up your health,eat foods that aren’t loaded with all the bad fats & bad sugars & less salt. Eat more fresh fruits, & vegetables. Whole grains, less red meat & more fish,chicken ,turkey, beans,( lentils, black beans, split peas, Navy beans etc.) Take vitamins and get lots of exercise. Pray before your meals and thank the Lord for his provision, and to bless and to nourish it to your body.
12) Memorize the WORD and WITNESS to others about Jesus. All the things of this life will surely pass, only what’s done for Christ will last. “Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”(Matthew 6:19-21).
13) Have life Insurance policies on you and your spouse,and kids.
14) Add lessons you learn to this list and pass them on to your loved ones.
15) Make a plan to get out of debt and invest. God’s law of averages is to increase or you’ll loose what you’ve got.
16) Learn a trade like mechanics, electrician, carpenter, Doctor,nurse,something that pays good and that there is always a need.
17) If your in God’s will he will be blessing you in someway, either spiritually or materially, if not the trouble is with you or your location.
18) Never quit your job until you find a better one first. Do your best be a good sample for Jesus! Let your light shine. “Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ JESUS concerning you.” (I Thessalonians 5: 16-18).
19) Choose your friends wisely and prayerfully. Don’t associate or hang around people who effect you negatively. “Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned?” (Proverbs 6:27). It is better to have no friends than the wrong kind of friends ! ( John Chapter 15) Please take the time to read this Chapter. It is about having the right type of friends.
20) Keep your kids, family and yourself in the Word & Witnessing. “Come unto me,all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11: 28-30). If your not getting at least 8 hrs of good sleep a night your doing something wrong and hurting your self and your health, and you need to make changes in your life style. “It is vain for you to rise up early. to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.”(Psalms 127:2)
21) Watch out for to much sun it will cause skin cancers to show up when you get older.Get them treated right away if they do. Always wear a hat and good sunblock,and sun glasses.
22) Remember folks words are real things, the way you talk to your children help form their vocabulary, and their future..
SAY THIS PRAYER IF YOU WANT TO BE SAVED