1) Witnessing for Jesus, and telling people about Jesus is something that you will just naturally want to do after you get saved and meet Jesus personally, after you ask Jesus to come into your heart.
2) “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new.” (II Corinthians 5:17).
3) Its like finding a cure for cancer or some dreaded disease. You will just automatically want to tell every one about it.
4) And he saith unto them, follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. (Matthew 4:19).
5) When I found Jesus and got filled with the Holy Spirit. I just wanted to tell everyone about him, and I wanted every one to be saved and to know JESUS too. I didn’t know anything about the Bible, but I knew that everyone needed to know Jesus.
6)You don’t need a big education in the Bible or anything else for that matter to be a witness for Jesus. All you need is to know is Jesus. “Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marveled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.” ( Acts 4:13).
7) Sure it helps a lot to know all about the Bible to increase your faith and to be a better witness, but if you think that you have got to wait until you are some kind of a perfect sinless saint and have to have some kind of a degree until you can preach the Gospel, then the devil has deceived you, and you have listened to his lies. That is one of the devils main jobs is to destroy your witness and keep you from winning souls for Jesus.
8) Just ask God in the name of Jesus to fill you with the Holy Ghost and to give you the power to be a witness for Jesus. “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” (Acts 1:8).
9) Always uplift the name of Jesus and the Holy Spirit will draw people to Jesus. “For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus sake.” (II Corinthians 4:5).
10) Witnessing is our job. We can only witness .What they do with our witness is up to them, everyone must make their own decision.
11) “Preach the Word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with all long suffering and doctrine.” (II Timothy 4:2).
12) Do not wait until you feel led to witness. I have heard this many times from Christians who say they only witness when the Spirit leads them too. You mean to tell me that you are really so yielded to the Lord all the time that you only witness when the Spirit moves you? Wow! Can I get your autograph, and how about the lottery numbers?
13) The Bible says, “Behold now is the accepted time; behold now is the day of salvation.” (II Corinthians 6:2b).Tomorrow may be to late for some. “whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.” (James 4:14).
14) One thing you can’t do in Heaven is win souls because everyone there is already saved. However when people die who have not been saved, because they never had a chance to know Jesus Christ as their Saviour, or had a true Christian witness,they will have a chance and a witness in the spirit world by an angel or maybe even you. “If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin; but now they have no cloak for their sin.” (John 15:22). Even people in hell can eventually get saved. Jesus said; ” The gates of hell will not prevail against His Church.” In other words the saved Christians will attack hell and witness to the spirits in prison and give them another chance to get out and go to heaven by receiving Jesus Christ into their hearts. “For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: by which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;” (1Peter 3:18,19). “for as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.” ( Matthew 12:40). The heart or center of the earth is Gehana, or the Lake of Fire, where the Devil and the worst go. Would you volunteer to go on that mission trip? WOW, I bet you will find some people who really want to see you and hear what you have to tell them after being there for awhile !
Say this prayer if you want to be saved: Jesus, I want to know you, and to live forever in Heaven, I know I have made mistakes and done bad things- and I am sorry. Please forgive me. I know I don’t deserve it, but I accept your love and I accept you as my Saviour. Please come into my heart and life and fill me with your Holy Spirit and give me peace. Amen.