Why we need to be saved:
Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
Isaiah 53:6 “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned everyone to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.”
Isaiah 64:6 “But we all are as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.”
John 3:36 “He that believeth on the Son hath ever lasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” The word BELIEVE comes from a Greek word (Pisteuo) which means to take in and have confidence. We have to take Jesus into our heart, and put our confidence and trust in him..
Revelation 20:14,15 “And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.” If your born only once you’ll die twice, but if your born twice you only have to die once, unless you are alive at the Resurrection and Rapture, then you don’t even have to die once. ( If you have received Jesus Christ as your Saviour.)
How to get saved:
John 3:16 “ For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
Romans 10: 9,10 “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”The Lord wants everyone who is saved to make a public confession of their faith. Mark 8:36-38 “For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.”
Ephesians 2:8,9 “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (GRACE is a Gift Received At Christ’s Expense !!!) Salvation = Grace+Faith+Nothing!
John 1:12 “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:”
Revelation 3:20 “Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” Jesus is knocking at the door of your heart. Will you let him in?
Acts 16:31 “And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.”
Titus 3:5 “Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;”
Galatians 4:6 “And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Ab’-ba, Father.” ( This is why we ask Jesus to come into our heart.)
John 3:3-6 “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto to thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nic-o-de’-mus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.” We need to be spiritually born again by asking Jesus to come into our heart.“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” (2 Corinthians 5:17).
I John 1:7 “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”
Acts 4:12 “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved.”
John 14: 6 “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
You Can’t loose your Salvation:
- Hebrews 13: 5,8 “Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I WILL NEVER LEAVE THEE, NOR FORSAKE THEE.” Never means never!
- John 10:27-30 “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.” Not even you can take yourself out of God’s hands, and you shall never perish!
- Hebrews 6: 4-6 “For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God a fresh, and put him to an open shame.” You can’t get saved again, it’s like crucifying Jesus Christ again. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get saved again once you’ve been saved, because you can’t loose your salvation in the first place!
- Psalm 103:12 “As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.” The East and West never meet! That is how far the Lord took our sins away!
- Psalm 89:30-34 “If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments; If they break my statues, and keep not my commandments; Then will I visit their transgression with a rod, and their iniquity with stripes. Nevertheless my loving kindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that has gone out of my lips.” Even if you forsake God and His Word,he will not break his covenant, but look out, because he will spank his children to try and correct them and get them on the right path.
- Ecclesiastes 3:14a “I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor and thing taken from it: ” God saved you , not you yourself, and it is forever!
- Jeremiah 3:14a “Turn,O backsliding children, saith the Lord; for I am married unto you:” God is married to the backslider.
- I John 3:9 “Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” In this verse where it says “his seed remaineth in him,” The seed is the WORD (Luke 8:11b) and Jesus is the WORD.“And the WORD was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.” (John 1:14). Since Jesus remains in you once you have been saved, and he can not sin and doesn’t sin, then this truth is what this verse is talking about. Our own spirits will still sin, and fall short of the glory of God, but Jesus in us can not sin and doesn’t sin. I hope this explanation will help you better understand this verse. Many people get confused over this verse, and whole false doctrines have started over this verse. Many have even used this one verse to say that they don’t sin anymore once they have been saved.“If I justify myself, my own mouth shall condemn me. If I say I am perfect it will also prove me perverse.”( Job 9:20).“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.” ( l John 1:8) If you ever have a hard time understanding a verse, just seek the Lord in prayer, and the Holy Spirit will lead you unto all truth.You can’t make a whole doctrine out of just one or two verses. You need to take all the verses to get a good and complete understanding of a subject. “Study to show thyself approved unto God, a work man that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the WORD of truth.” ( ll Timothy 2:15). When you accept Jesus all your sins are washed away by his blood ,PAST, PRESENT, and FUTURE.( I John 1:7b) “the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.” But you will still have to answer for any sins, which you have committed after you have been saved that you didn’t confess to the Lord and ask him to forgive you. “I acknowledge my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the inquity of my sin. Selah.”(Psalms 32:5). This is why we need to have communion often, to get a clean heart with the Lord.“Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy Holy Spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.” ( Psalms 51:10-12). When God looks upon you he sees the blood of his son Jesus ( If your saved) and not your sins, but if you don’t get right with the Lord and others that you need to get right with, then these sins you will have to give account for.“For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.”( ll Corinthians 5:10).This is not talking about the Great white throne judgement, when all the unsaved are resurrected at the end of the 1,000 year reign of Christ after the Rapture, and stand before God. ( See our class on Revelations Chapter 20), but this Judgement Seat of Christ is referring to the saved when we die,and, or when we are resurrected.
- Hebrews 12:5-6 “And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, MY SON, DESPISE NOT THOU THE CHASTENING OF THE LORD, OR FAINT WHEN THOU ART REBUKED OF HIM; FOR WHOM THE LORD LOVETH HE CHASTENETH, AND SCOURGETH EVERY SON WHOM HE RECEIVETH.”The Lord will chasten and correct his children, but, their still his children once they are saved.
- I Corinthians 3:14,15 “If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.”You Can loose your rewards by backsliding, but not your salvation.
- Philippians 1:6 “Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:” It is Jesus that keeps us saved and not our selves.
- Ephesians 4:30 “And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.” You can grieve the Holy Spirit by backsliding, but you still are going to be saved and go to heaven. You can’t loose your salvation! It is like a relationship between a parent and a child. When a child is doing wrong and goes astray, the parent grieves, but is still the parent of the child forever.” Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him.” (Psalm 103:13).
- Romans 8:38,39 “For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Nothing can separate us from the Lord once we are saved.”
- Daniel 12:2,3 “And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.”Your Salvation is a free gift, but you have to work for your rewards in Heaven. Those that don’t live for Jesus after being saved will be ashamed when they see him and realize the blessings they missed out on. So don’t just use Jesus as a fire escape as many do.
- Hebrews 10:26,27 “For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” There is no more sacrifice for sin, because once your saved your always saved you can’t be saved again! Even if you sin wilfully there is still no more sacrifice for sin, because you can only be saved once, and it is forever!
- I Corinthians 5:5 “To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.” This verse shows how a persons spirit will be saved even if Satan is allowed to destroy their body, because of sin.
- Psalm 130:3 “If thou, Lord, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?”
- Philippians 2:12b “work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.” This verse does not mean to work for your salvation.It does mean that we had better get our eternal salvation figured out by the scriptures for our own peace of mind,with fear and trembling because it is so serious.It is clearly brought out in the next verse that this verse does not mean that we are to work for our salvation.“For it is God which worketh in you both to will and do of his good pleasure.” (Philippians 2:13). It is God that does the work in you for salvation, not you yourself ! “For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2: 8,9).
- Titus 3:5 “Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost:
”Say this prayer if you want to be saved; Jesus, I want to know you and to live forever in Heaven, I know I have made mistakes and done bad things- and I am sorry. Please forgive me. I know I don’t deserve it, but I accept your love and I accept you as my Savior. Please come into my heart and life and fill me with your Holy Spirit and give me peace. Amen.